Passing Through

One man's musings as he journeys through life!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Universal City, Texas, United States

Retired and married to a wonderful woman for over 45 years. Served in the United States Air Force for 31 years; living four years in France and eight years in Germany. Worked as a licensed Realtor for 15 years. Blessed beyond all expectations! Blessed with an aging Maine Coon cat named "Miss Kitty".

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Opus Dei #5

Yester was August 15th, the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven. A sign of hope for us all that we too will someday be in Heaven.

There were at least 100 men at the morning recollection. The three reflections were "Prayer" and "Meditation" led by the Opus Dei priest and "Time"--proper use thereof--led by an Opus Dei layperson. The three reflections were provocative. Ironically, the night before I had difficulty sleeping as my mind was "in gear", (Normally I sleep "like a rock"). As I've written, "Ironically", since many of the observations made during the morning recollection mirrored the thoughts I pondered the evening before. A friend at Opus Dei suggested that The Holy Spirit was getting me prepped. Who knows; all that I know is that the reflections rounded out my day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home