Passing Through

One man's musings as he journeys through life!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Universal City, Texas, United States

Retired and married to a wonderful woman for over 45 years. Served in the United States Air Force for 31 years; living four years in France and eight years in Germany. Worked as a licensed Realtor for 15 years. Blessed beyond all expectations! Blessed with an aging Maine Coon cat named "Miss Kitty".

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Answer to Trivia Question #1--Who Am I?

Who am I? I am a highly respected American Catholic theologian, a Jesuit (the order of the Society of Jesus) and though not a bishop, a Cardinal of the Catholic Church.
I am a convert to the Catholic Faith. I am the first American born theologian who is not a bishop to be named a cardinal. I served in the US Navy in world War II and as a liaison to the French Navy. I am the son of a preeminent US Secretary of State. Who am I?
(The answer to be posted next Wednesday or Thursday.)

The answer to the trivia question posted on August 30th is: Avery Robert Cardinal Dulles, S.J. His father is the well known U.S. Secretary of State, John foster Dulles. Other prominent people in his family include 1. His Great Grandfather, John W. Foster, and his Great Uncle, Robert Lansing, both of whom were U.S Secretary of States and 2. His Uncle, Allen welsh Dulles, the civilian Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home